FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the room have a private bathroom?
Yes! a room with bath-shower, toilet and sink.
- Can we add a bed? can I bring my own air mattress?
It's not possible to sleep more than 2 persons in a regular room or 4 in a family room.
- What time is check-in?
Between 15h00 and 19h00. Check-out is 11h00 am.
- The online web sites are saying that you have no rooms available, is it true? If I take a chance, will you still have a room?!
Yes, probably! Call us directly, Tél: 819-842-4530.
The online booking folks take a big commission, so we don't put all of our rooms on their websites.
ABOUT THE CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
* 8 days and more BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL: no fee
* 7 days and less or no show: 100% of your STAY
You reservation is confirmed when we have name, phone number and credit card with expiry date.
ABOUT BREAKFAST / RESTAURANT
- Breakfast is included?
Yes! The exception is if you have booked online with the option NO Breakfast. In that case, you pay only for the room.
- What kind of breakfast do you serve? Américain? Continental? Buffet?
None of these! We serve a Table d'hôte: fresh juice, filter coffee & mise en bouche and 3 choices of main dish.
Our coffee is organic and roasted in the area.
All specialized coffees and hot chocolate are not included in the breakfast, however we'll be pleased to make it for you!
- Can we come just for breakfast?
Yes, sure! On week-ends please try to call ahead to make sure we can sit your party. Tel: 819-842-4530
- What time is breakfast?
From 8h00 to 10h00 on week days for everybody and always for guests of the Auberge
From 8h00 to 11h00 week-ends for all.
- I have allergies or restrictions, do I have to bring my own bread? my milk?
Yes, you can bring your favourite products, we'll be pleased to cook it for you.
We also have some options on site, available at a small charge.
- Do you serve other meals? Dinners?
We serve light lunches at noon (soup or salad depending the season, crepe, waffles) and coffees and desserts in the afternoon.
For dinner, we will be happy to pass along some recommendations. Explore our lovely village!
ABOUT THE AREA
- Are you near the centre of the village?
We are directly in the centre! Most of our rooms offer a lovely view on the lake, river or shops. You park the car and walk where you want to go! everything is in a walking distance in the village :)
- Are you near Coaticook? We will go to Foresta Lumina.
Around 30 minutes
- How far from Magog and Sherbrooke?
15 minutes Magog / 15-20 minutes Sherbrooke ...And only 12 minutes to the University of Sherbrooke!
- And the monks of Abbaye St-Benoît?
About 40 minutes
- Is there a spa nearby?
Nearest: Nordic Station, Magog. About 20-25 minutes,
Our favourite: Le Balnéa in Bromont (45 minutes, half way between North Hatley and Montreal)
The new one: Ström, in Sherbrooke, opening in December 2016. À suivre!
ABOUT BIKES / BOATS
- We will bring our bikes, do you have a safe storage?
Yes, 4 places in the shed, locked.
- Is there access to the lake for my boat?
Contact the marina, for dock access. Tél: 819-572-0357
- I have a cat / a lovely little dog, may I bring my animal?
Unfortunately, no. If you travel with your animal, we can refer a nearby pension.